You are here > Home
Mudfish and Bobcat's
Top 10 Florida Bike Trails...
Welcome! "Mudfish" and "Bobcat" invite you to join us and discover some of the best Florida bike trails for easy, recreational biking. Our "top FL bike trail" list emphasizes comfort, serenity, and points of interest uniquely Florida, with suggestions on the best trail sections to ride.
|Top 10 Florida Bike Trails (North to South) - Sample Photos (hover over images to enlarge)|
West Orange Trail
|"The Bridges" Area
Van Fleet Trail
|Old Tarpon Springs
Pinellas Bike Trail
|Historic Train Station
Legacy Trail & Venetian Waterway Park
|Alligator on Trail
Fitness & Outdoor Recreation...
Our "Top 10" criteria include smooth surfaces, fresh air, unique scenery, and Florida wildlife. Most Florida biking trails are ideal for comfort bikes and cruisers, hybrids, recumbent bicycles, and tandems. Other than occasional road crossings, most avoid motor traffic, noise, and fumes. Bicycle repair shops and rentals have sprung up along many of Florida's urban bike trails, along with restaurants catering to hungry bikers.
Florida has some of the longest paved rail-trails (trails build on abandoned railroad corridors) in America. Reflecting Florida's booming railroad system of yesteryear, Florida rail-trails connect urban hubs with sprawling suburbs, pass through small towns, and traverse Florida State Forests and State Wildlife Management Areas. These biking trails offer gentle grades and easy access for many types of outdoor recreation.
Our "Top 10" Bike Trails are ordered by location - from North FL to South FL
- Jacksonville Baldwin Trail - paved. Although just outside Jacksonville, Florida, this is an enjoyable 14.5 mile rural
rail-trail... very well maintained (more...)
- Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail - paved. Stretching 16 miles from the City of Gainesville's Boulware
Springs Park through the Paynes Prairie State Park (more...)
- Cedar Key - street. This is our top choice for small town bike rides. Listed on the National Historic Site Register (more...)
- Withlacoochee State Trail - paved. At 46 miles, the longest paved rail trail in Florida, it goes through small towns, the
Withlacoochee State Forest (more...)
- West Orange Trail - paved. This is a world-class rail trail through urban and rural sections of Orange County (more...)
- Van Fleet State Trail - paved. Totally rural 29 mile rail-trail with one curve and no hills. The trail runs through the Green Swamp (more...)
- Pinellas Trail - paved. A multi-use trail passing through residential, coastal, and rural areas, with interesting side trails to parks and beaches (more...)
- Legacy Trail & Venetian Waterway Park - paved. The
Legacy Trail links to the Venetian Waterway Park Trail for 20 miles of
continuous riding (more...)
- Sanibel Island - mostly paved. Sanibel’s network of trails covers the entire island... leading to the lighthouse, beaches, restaurants, and shopping (more...)
- Shark Valley - Everglades Trail - paved. Bike with Gators! Shark Valley is truly one of the most unforgettable bicycle rides in America, if not the world (more)
The Florida bicycle trail network is expanding fast.
With more new trails and newly paved trails, our "Top 10" is subject to change.
Please come back often.
Bike Florida - Top Florida Bike Trails for the Best in Recreational Florida Biking.